Are you triggered by a high-performance environment, bold strategic decisions, and precise execution? Summa Equity are looking for a Risk & Compliance Manager!
About Summa Equity
Summa Equity invests in companies that have leading solutions to global challenges and that create positive Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) outcomes for society.
We co-create win-win for our investors, our companies, and society through aligning our vision and outcomes to the Sustainable Development Goals.
We focus on industries and companies within three sustainability megatrends: Resource Efficiency, Changing Demographics, and Tech-Enabled Businesses. Across those themes, our companies are supporting a world which is undergoing a period of transition and showing that business can be part of the solution. Read more about Summa Equity here!
As Risk & Compliance Manager you will be responsible for risk and compliance related issues from a first line of defence point of view. Your main responsibilities and duties will include:
- Continuously monitoring and ensuring internal policies and procedures are maintained, followed, and documented.
- Supporting the business in the creation and development of Summa Equity’s internal regulations, procedures, and practices.
- Monitoring and analysing new legislation and regulation.
- Planning board meetings and report the compliance status to the board.
- Acting point of contact for Summa Equity’s external Compliance Officer, Risk Manager, and internal auditor.
- Train co-workers in the application of new regulation and help the business implement new regulation.
- Perform risk and compliance checks in the first line of defence.
- Implement changes in internal policies, procedures, and practices advised by the Compliance function, Risk function and the internal auditor.
- Assist Summa Equity’s Finance department and investment team in regulatory matters.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an excellent lawyer with a positive mindset, good working knowledge of compliance and legal matters and a genuine interest in finance and investments. To succeed in this role, you:
- Have a strong analytical mind and strategic, creative, and commercial skillset,
- Have attention to details when needed
- Are process driven and have a structured way of working
- Have a desire to build a business and willingness to contribute where needed to succeed
- Are a great team player and is comfortable to lean in to support wherever needed
Experience and background
- Law degree from a Nordic or Common Law jurisdiction.
- 3-4 years of experience from a similar role, preferably from a regulated business or a company within the finance sector.
- Full professional proficiency of Swedish and English.
- A high level of integrity and ability to work independently as well as excellent social skills and team working capabilities.
- Previous experience from AIFM related matters and private equity is a strong merit.
About the process
In this recruitment process, Summa Equity is working with Legal Career. For questions about the process or role, please contact recruiter Mathias Asp. Your application consists of your resume and contact details. We’re looking forward to receiving your application!